Tuesday, November 9, 2010

GIRL STOP TALKING!!!!

So I am sitting in the student center, minding my own business, working on some nursing modules. All of a sudden it sounds like someone is crying while talking extremely loud. I turn to find that a new girl has taken place at an adjacent table with a friend who is sitting quietly minding the volume level of the area. This girl, however, sounds as though she swallowed a giant bubble that got stuck in her throat and will not stop talking above the decimal level! 
 She keeps reading her stupid funny little alcohol quotes allowed in her bubble voice, laughing and telling this whole hallway how funny her professor is. I'm sorry m'am but I DON'T CARE!! You're bubble voice is nerve wracking and hard enough to deal with do you really need to tell the rest of the hallway about a goat. I have a computer of my own I can look at your clever little alcohol quirks if I wanted to and read them to myself. 
  I have come to the conclusion only that some people must not be able to hear the sound of their own voice. They must have a filter inside their timpanic membrane or something. There is no other explanation for talking so loud I can hear you through my headphones and over the six other conversations in this hallway. Maybe when she was a baby her mom put her crib right next to the tv and listened to it on high volume. Oh god, here she goes again. Please someone get a fork and bring it to me so I can puncture my eardrums and no longer suffer. 



1 comment:

  1. I have to confess that I fear I am one of those people that talk louder than necessary. I don't think it was the tv too close to my crib but my mom has always been into music so maybe it was played too loudly. I talk too loudly when a)I'm on the phone and I am having trouble hearing someone (uh Jess, that doesn't mean they're having trouble hearing you!) b)I've been drinking and c) in the hospital kitchen when there's a lot of background noise. Never in the library though or a public student center! And I really hope I've never caused someone to contemplate puncturing their eardrums with a fork!
    Anyway, because of this insightful blog I promise to fulfill my civic duty to maintain the proper decibel level! :)

    ReplyDelete